Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Kudzu Control program

In Hernando, on Highway 304, there has been a sign up for over a year (maybe two) talking about the Kudzu Control project. I drive down this road and pass this sign almost every day. As soon as the sign went up, I expected to see a decline in the amount of kudzu, but nothing happened. I waited and waited. Finally, one day there was a change! About seven goats and one llama were put in a fenced area. Apparantly, goats are as effective as chemicals in removing kudzu AND they need a llama to protect them! It's fun to watch the goats and Evan really likes them! He waves to them and talks to them through the car window every time that we drive by. He even wants us to get a goat at our house! I told him that Sadie wouldn't like it, but he said that she would. So that is what the Kudzu Control program is all about - goats & a llama! Read more about it at the DeSoto Times online - http://www.desototimes.com/articles/2008/08/27/news/doc48b3f0f596bf6026565270.txt

1 comment:

Ben & Meg Harris said...

this has to be josh too...