Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Prayer Request

I will be having surgery on Monday, June 23rd to remove my right ovary and the mass that has attached itself to it. The surgery is scheduled to begin at 11:00 am and will take several hours. I have been through a similar surgery before, but not while I was pregnant. On a positive note, this mass was discovered at my first ultrasound and we have been watching through ultrasounds for the past 8 weeks (hence the reason we found out it was a boy so early). The mass has not made any significant size or shape changes in that eight weeks. There are three doctors that are taking care of me (and the baby) right now - my ob/gyn, a maternal fetal specialist and my gynecological oncologist. The oncologist will be performing the surgery. He did my previous surgery 2 1/2 years ago. They all feel that the risk to the baby is very low and that surgery at 17 weeks is the best time to have surgery while pregnant. There is still a slight risk to the baby but it is a minimal risk. Please pray for me and the baby during surgery, my family, the doctors performing the surgery and that the test results of the mass are good results. I will be in the hospital for several days at Baptist Womens in Memphis.
1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am so glad that I checked your blog today! I didn't know that you would be having surgery, but you can count on the prayers! I will be lifting you, the baby, and your family in prayer. I know you will be well taken care of, and that things will turn out just fine!